Thursday, March 24, 2011

Forge World Figures - The Process

To All,

So last night I started to prepare the figures.

To cast resin figures they must first coat the mold with a release agent so the resin doesn't stick to the mold. Some of the release agent might still be on the figure and should be removed. The release agent can cause painted figures to flake, thus ruining the paint you have lovingly and skillfully applied.

So the first step I take with any resin figure or model is to soak in warm soapy water for about an hour then give it a little scrub with a toothbrush.

So I unpacked the marines:
 Plus the Dreadnought and the arms ( I know, wishful thinking):


And gave them a soak and a scrub:

I'm going to let them completely dry overnight. I have made the mistake in the past of being too anxious and trying to prime before the crevices are dried out so I'm going to take my time here.

Today I'm going to see what bases Jawaballs has at school.

The Stout Gnome

2 comments:

  1. Forgeworld does put out somme very pretty product. And from what I've seen so far your painting skills will do them great justice. Good luck on them.

    Ps- I've added you to my blogroll and would like if you would return the favour. Tordeck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I just got around to responding to comments and taking care of some housekeeping stuff. You're on the Blogroll now.

    ReplyDelete