Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Decision made for me - FORGE WORLD arrives!!

To All,

When I got home there was a package from Forge World sitting on the dinning room table. Let's look at the contents of the box:

Ultramarines Venerable Dreadnought with Mk IV Chainfist and Right Close Combat Arm.

5 Space Marines in MK3 Iron Armour

10 Space Marines in MK5 Heresy Armour (2 five-man packs)

Space Marine Phobos Bolter 8 pack 

Ultramarines Icon pack (I thought the icons would be bigger than they are)


The direction I will be going in for the Colonial GT is:

2) Run the same list but "upgrade" a few of my figures with either better (read - non black reach marines) figures or better paint jobs


This week I plan to paint up the 5 space marines in the MK3 Iron Armor and replace the four marines in this unit:
5 man tactical with razorback with TL lascannon
I  really like the sergeant in this unit. The figure itself is cool - it's an older metal figure - plus I think it is one of my better paint jobs. This is the unit, plus the Razorback, that I will improve on.

The Stout Smurf

3 comments:

  1. Jim has the luxury of daily conversations with me and my experience with this stuff. Knowing him, and knowing what I know about Forgeworld awesomeness, I made him make the investment. I can't wait to see him paint that dread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and if everything so far is just the start I cant wait till the next stage. Good luck fellow ultramaine player. and always remember its for the emperor. http://semperfibolter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bump.

    If Ultramarines weren't the bomb they wouldn't be on the cover of every GW box I buy? (At least that's what i tell myself)

    ReplyDelete