Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Forge World MK III IRON ARMOUR Marines

To All,


Before I evaluate and revamp my list, I want to get back to the part of the hobby that I truly enjoy - painting. I'm pretty sure I am going to keep the 25 marines in my list - 2 units of ten marines and 1 unit of five - so I'm going to spent the next week or so painting up the fifteen Forge World marines I bought to replace the Marines in my army that come from the Assault on Black Reach set.   (in reality I'm going to replace all 25 because I went with extreme highlighting on my first army and I'm going to do some blending on my next list. My goal is to get all the figures and models on my list to the quality of my Dreadnought.)

In a previous post I put up pictures of the soaking and washing of  the figures. Here's what I did a few weeks ago:
                                                               

Unpack and Flash

 
Soak

Scrub
Dry 
Last night I used Army Painter primer to prime the five Mark III armor marines. Because I'm going for a darker base I first primed them black:


and followed with a light coat of Blue:

 
Here are the primers I used:

I'm looking forward to getting some paint on them. I'll keep you posted.
The Stout Smurf

3 comments:

  1. I must say I am jealous, I love those models. I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long to you leave them to soak before you take them out to scrub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for a good tutorial process here. And this seems like it could be it! How do you correct any mistakes you make over the army painter. I'm trying to use army painter "Dragon Red" for my Blood Ravens but I'm worried about repairing any models that I mess up (like when painting visors or armor seals).

    If you have any feedback let me know.

    The Initiate calmbeforewar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete