Thursday, February 16, 2012

Half-hour Boat: Conclusion....

To All,

Here is the "tidy-up" of the Old Glory boat:

I have to admit I couldn't stand the look of the "just primer" boat, so I did some dry brushing to give it a weathered look. I also did some small details on the doors, smokestack, and the ladder:

I didn't want to glue the upper deck and wheelhouse onto the lower cabin - I wanted it to be playable - so four short lengths of dowel were glued at the corners to hold it in. The sides and back of the lower cabin were not thick enough to use rare earth magnets:

Rare Earth magnets were used on the roof of the wheelhouse:

The result is pretty good. More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment