Tuesday, February 28, 2012

British Marines: Painting 28mm eyes....

To All,

I have been asked to give a brief "tutorial" on how I get such a good result with the eyes on my figures.The technique I use was taught to me by my good friend who is both my painting mentor and one of the best painters of historical miniatures I know - John Spiess.


Step one: I paint the eye area black because it gives the greatest contrast and makes the eyes pop. If you want colored eyes - brown, blue, green - paint the area the color you are looking for instead of black.


Step Two: Using a small brush I put a small amount of Titanium White and put a dot on the outer and inner edges of the left eye:


Step Three: I rinse the brush and repeat step two for the right eye.

And this is the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment