Last night I spent my "painting time" just organizing my bench. This is what it looked like at the start of my hour.
And this is what it looks like now. I'm going to be spending some serious time here over the next couple of months and I just needed it straightened out.
The issue I have with the ships I made is that they don't have cannons or mast/sails. I spent the other half of my "painting time" making a list of things that I need to complete the ships. I'm going to have to pick up some wooden dowels, bass wood, and muslin to create the masts. I'm going to have to poke around the internet to come up with some cannons.